Advertisement

Calculation Groups to the Rescue!

To set the stage, I need you to travel back in time with me a bit.    The year was 2019, and none of us had ever heard of COVID-19…those were simpler times.  I was working on a data model that had A LOT of dates in the data table.  By a lot, I mean 10 different dates in a single transaction table.  I was trying to build a model that would be able to answer any question that the users would ever ask, so I ended up including all 10 different dates.  The problem came when I started building out my relationships between my data table and my calendar table.  Power BI would only let me have 1 active relationship between the data table and the calendar table…but I had 10 dates that I wanted to relate to the calendar table.  As all good developers do, I went to the inter-webs for help.i  (In the back of my mind, I knew the answers I was going […]

source https://p3adaptive.com/2021/03/calculation-groups-to-the-rescue/

Post a Comment

0 Comments